Wednesday 7 May 2008

DRUGS!!!!!


Drugs have been used for many years and by the nineteenth century; laudanum and opium were freely available at any English pharmacy or grocery store and was used for medicinal purposes. Now Movies such as Train Spotting and From Hell show the effects of drugs.

A discussion in lecture was held on whether or not drugs should be legalised. My views in the lecture were that drugs should be a personal choice and would be a lot safer to use if they were to be legalised. However I continued thinking from my own personal perspective having never used drugs. However drugs could cause a dangerous environment, as people using drugs are very unpredictable. Therefore this changed my view as legalising drugs would cause a massive moral panic and put peoples lives in danger. I still however do not think drugs are bad, but I think the effects of drugs are extremely bad.

No comments: